Locals know this remarkable art nouveau building by many names -the 'little boat', the 'boat house' or simply the 'boat'- but its official name is the Five Continents. The building was commissioned by a shipbuilder and he personally added the famous 'boat' balcony (hence the name) to the design of architect F. Smet-Verhas, who also designed a number of houses of the famous Cogels Osylei. The housing complex is located on the South -a true art nouveau heaven- and overlooks the Royal Museum of Fine Arts. It was built in 1901 and declared a protected monument in 1976. Unfortunately, one of the four houses had already been demolished by then and an anonymous building was put up instead. In spite of this architectural scar, the 'little boat' remains an outstanding example of Antwerp art nouveau -notice its typical yellow bricks- and locals and tourists alike dream of living there one day.