According to legend, Charlemagne discovered the graves of the city's martyrs Felix and Regula and had a church build as a choristers' cloister on the spot. Construction work on the present building began around 1100. Attractions are the Romanesque crypt, the Choir window by Augusto Giacometti (1932) and the bronze doors by Otto Münch (1935 and 1950).
15 March-31 Ocober:
Grossmünster: Mon-Sat 9am-6pm, Sun after church service / Tower: Mon-Sat 9.15am-5pm, Sun 12.30am-5.30pm
Grossmünster: Mon-Sat 10am-5pm, Sun after church service / Tower:Mon-Sat 10am-4.30pm, Sun 12.30am-4.30pm